Saturday, May 24, 2008

Research Project Feedback




I think this assignment is a very good learning experience. Last week, I finished writing my term paper and I have just finished the first draft of my term’s presentation which I will delivery next week. After deciding my topic which is language development, I have learned how to set an appropriate outline that captures all the important aspects that I want to talk about. In addition, I learned how to develop a good argument and to present supporting details. I recap my knowledge of the APA reference system. I also realize that writing a research paper of 12 pages is totally different than writing short essay of 2 pages because the more your need to write, the more you need to read. Also, condense information is another skill that I learned. Sometimes, we know a lot about a topic but we need to present it over a short time or write it in little space. So, condensing the information and including enough and necessary details is an important skill.

Regarding my presentation, as I just said above, I am presenting next week but I can say something about it since I have just finished the first draft. I think making the presentation after finishing the paper is easier than writing the paper to some extent because all the readings have been done. But, because we need to select some parts ( like not to present everything), it is not easy to decide which points to include in the slides. I am also worry about going over or maybe under my time. I will practice it to make sure I stick with the 20 minutes
.

2 comments:

mehrnaz said...

i liked ur topic and after ur presentaiton i was thinking that now i understand why my brother knwo language and can speak better tahn me but me no. and also i learnt alot about how to talk and learn a languag eto my child. thank you for a nice presentation

Tiffany said...

thanks your honey...
haha...i want to try losing weight by using honey