Saturday, May 24, 2008

Learning Language


I started learning English as second language from intermediate school for almost 4 hours every week. But I consider my actual English learning started when I came to Montreal as an adult. Starting learning English at childhood would allow me to be competent English speakers because learning at young age is easier than later. Child’s brain is more flexible to accommodate more than one language.

I think having the guts to speak and make mistake is a very important. I must admit that I sometimes get hesitant to speak English with native speakers because I am afraid of making mistake. But, as I progress with my English classes, I am becoming more confident and pushing myself to speak up.

Practice is the key to learn anything. I try to practice as much as I can when I have chance. I also speak to myself in English (sometimes) and listen to English TV channels which are helping me a lot.

No comments: